none
Outgoing EDI message with UNOA char set contains lowecase charcaters and pass with failed in EDI send pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using BizTalk 2013 environment. I am promoting "UNB1.1" context property using custom pipeline component with one of the values "UNOA, UNOB, UNOC etc". This custom component set just before EDI assembler component in custom send pipeline to make sure run time char set taken into consideration while assembling outside messages.

I am facing issue with UNOA encoded message, which contains lower case data into IMD and NAD segments and wouldnt failed by EDI send pipeline. I have enabled XMLSchemaValidation and extended validation in EDI Fallback settings. I am using EDIFACT fallback settings for party identification.

I also tried to get default "UNOA" as value from Fallback settings and in that scenario too outgoing EDI Message contains "lower case characters" and process without failed.

Can anyone hint what extra requires to convert or apply char set or encoding on outgoing message to make sure UNOA with upper case characters.

Regards,

Viral B. Mistry

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:53 AM

All replies

• Could you post the detailed error message?
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:48 AM
  • hi,

There is no error appeared on outgoing message processing. But the generated EDI message is incorrect as per documentation- it contains lowe case character for UNOA encoded message

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:19 AM
  • As per my understanding you are trying to generate an EDIFACT file and which is in case generated but with lower case letters in some segments. Kindly clarify on the below

* From where the information to be generated in the file is being picked??

* Whether any mapping is used for generating the output message?

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, November 17, 2014 11:31 AM