none
Manage tags in Expression 4 RRS feed

• Question

• As you can get snippets  eg <div><div/>?

not mark the end tag when you select the open tag.

It seems very strange that a tool aimed at the graphic does not have these features, features that  you have  in Visual Studio.

Must be set somewhere?
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hmm, probably just me, but I didn't take that meaning from his question. OTOH, it is so confusingly worded that it's hard to be sure just what he's asking. My guess was that he wanted to know how to display matching closing tags when the opening tag is selected(??). If so, the Find Matching Tag tool on the Code View toolbar (View|Toolbars|Code View) will do the job.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    • Marked as answer by limmon_tree Monday, November 14, 2011 10:35 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 6:22 PM

All replies

• Tools > Page Editor Options > Code Formatting tab, select the tag yo udo not want to have an end tag inserted and there is a box that allows you to select "omit end tag" though I haven't tried it. If you want to create a snippet that has only start tags you may do so. For that you would open the Snippets Panel and from the Options dropdown you'd select "new snippet" and you can create whatever snippet you want.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:42 PM
  • Hmm, probably just me, but I didn't take that meaning from his question. OTOH, it is so confusingly worded that it's hard to be sure just what he's asking. My guess was that he wanted to know how to display matching closing tags when the opening tag is selected(??). If so, the Find Matching Tag tool on the Code View toolbar (View|Toolbars|Code View) will do the job.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    • Marked as answer by limmon_tree Monday, November 14, 2011 10:35 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Thanks everybody, and sorry my bad english.

Monday, November 14, 2011 10:37 PM
  • I'm glad that got your question answered, and don't worry about your English. Over time, I've taken Latin, Spanish, French, and German in school (none of which I am currently fluent in ;-), so I'm familiar with how syntax differences and idiomatic expressions can make saying even the simplest thing difficult in a non-native language.

cheers,
    scott

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:50 AM
  • In that case what I do is select the element from the quick tag selector and let it highlight the entire section from opening tag and closing tag then scroll but that's my workflow and everyone has their own workflow.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:11 AM