none
Web Application access problem RRS feed

• Question

• You cannot vote on your own post

Hi All,

My I.T department gave me the below URL to access the application from the internet

http://mycompany.redirectme.net:2222/MyApplication/CRM/logon.aspx

when I try to access logon page appears OK and it authenticates user ,,,but its not displaying the main page after logon..

In fact from the above url port number dispapears and when i put the port address manulay it display the main page.

any idea..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please mark my post as an answer if I helped you to resolve the issue or vote up if I helped you.Thanks. Regards and good Wishes, Maqbool.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies

• Do check the asp.net web site deployment in the web server , also a contact a good network administrator, they will help you out. 

Thoroughly check the website functionality after deployed in the web server. 

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:09 AM
  • It looks to me like there is Forms authentication being used. If that is the case, then the link should be to the mainpage.apsx page itself.

When an unauthorized person hits mainpage.aspx, forms authentication redirects them to the logon page defined in the web config. After successful authentication, the original request for mainpage.aspx is made and the user will be redirected.

Your link is specifically the logon page. there's no where else to go, unless that page does a server redirect or a response redirect after successful authentication in code.

Louis
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:18 PM