AJAX call is not working on F5 load balancer web farm setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following web farm setup in production server.

Browser à HTTPS àLoad Balancer àHTTP àwebserver node

F5 Load balancer handles off box SSL termination. It implies that SSL resides on F5 load balancer.

Problem Statement: Ajax calls do not go through unless "Access data sources across domains" option is enabled in IE security settings.

I have the similar setup in staging server except F5 Load balancer. The ASP.Net application makes perfect AJAX calls on both HTTP and HTTPS.

However, the staging server web farm use windows NLB and SSL resides on individual web server nodes

Friday, September 3, 2010 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is quite possible that the F5 is changing the name of the domain from a to b internally which is prompting this behaviour. Can you confirm if all the responses you are getting are from the same domain?

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:59 AM
  • If your question relate to session affinity, then I confirm that client affinity is “Single” on both environments. That ensures all network traffic from a particular client be directed to the same cluster host. Otherwise I get the response from same domain and fiddler shows the same IP and Protocol.
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:02 AM
  • I have the following web farm setup in production server.

Browser à HTTPS àLoad Balancer àHTTP àwebserver node

F5 Load balancer handles off box SSL termination. It implies that SSL resides on F5 load balancer.

Problem Statement: Ajax calls do not go through unless "Access data sources across domains" option is enabled in IE security settings.

I have the similar setup in staging server except F5 Load balancer. The ASP.Net application makes perfect AJAX calls on both HTTP and HTTPS.

However, the staging server web farm use windows NLB and SSL resides on individual web server nodes

Were you able to find solution to this? I am facing a similar problem.
    Friday, April 13, 2012 1:53 PM