How to localize a string RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Vinayak,

Please post new questions in new posts rather than tacking them on to existing answered posts. Adding onto an existing post is likely to get overlooked.

Start at Globalizing your app to learn about globalization and localization. You'll put your strings in translatable resource files and reference those resources rather than directly embedding the string in the Xaml.

--Rob

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Vinayak,

Please post new questions in new posts rather than tacking them on to existing answered posts. Adding onto an existing post is likely to get overlooked.

Start at Globalizing your app to learn about globalization and localization. You'll put your strings in translatable resource files and reference those resources rather than directly embedding the string in the Xaml.

--Rob

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Thanks Rob.

I am already taking care of globalization in rest of my app. My concern is specifically regarding the App bar button text. Like Add app bar button by default shows  "Add" text. I need to globalize this "Add" text. unfortunately I couldn't find any guidance for that.

Vinayak Bhosale

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:28 PM
  • as resource key in your resource file use this:

FavoriteButton.[using:Windows.UI.Xaml.Automation]AutomationProperties.Name

FavoriteButton is the x:uid of the button

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:50 PM
  • Hi Vinayak,

You localize the text for the Add button the same as you'd localize any other text by pointing at a resource. Specific details will depend on how exactly you've implemented your app bar button.

That said, please post your question only once. I'm locking this thread. If you need more help with this please continue in your thread in the Windows 8.1 Development forum.

--Rob

Friday, October 11, 2013 10:30 PM