Atomic Scope RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question with regards to atomic scope used within an orchestration. Is it at all possible to use request-response send port within an atomic scope shape.

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:23 PM

Answers

• I am pretty sure you can call an SP even with a return value from a One Way send.  I believe it will just throw away the response.  What you're saying does not require an atomic scope.  Atomic scope would be to support roll back, like components that use DTC / Enterprise Services.  I don't understand where the need for the Atomic Scope fits in.

Sincerely,

-Dan

Friday, February 11, 2011 11:52 PM

All replies

• No, because BizTalk is asynchronous by nature it is not possible to do both a send and a receive in an atomic scope.  When you think about the fact that everything goes though the Message Box in this asynchronous nature it sort of makes sense.  What exactly is it you're trying to do?  Call a service, a database, etc?  Normally you would use Compensation to undo whatever it is you did in a request-response send.  Give us some more info and we can probably help you solve your problem. 

Sincerely,

-Dan

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:26 PM
  • I am pretty sure you can call an SP even with a return value from a One Way send.  I believe it will just throw away the response.  What you're saying does not require an atomic scope.  Atomic scope would be to support roll back, like components that use DTC / Enterprise Services.  I don't understand where the need for the Atomic Scope fits in.

Sincerely,

-Dan

Friday, February 11, 2011 11:52 PM