Unable to load client print control (URGENT) RRS feed

• Question

• User-1176222693 posted

when i click the print icon is report viewer in IE6

then is show pop out this > Unable to load client print control

after i install that active x control it then click print icon it sitll pop out (Unable to load client print control) again.

Thanks

Friday, July 18, 2008 9:45 PM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

Unable to load client print control

SQL Server Reporting Services uses an ActiveX Print control to control the print functions in Windows Internet Explorer, this problem may occur if the ActiveX components are not installed. As you mentioned that you met the error message even you have installed that components, I just want to make sure if you have installed the ActiveX components in the right way. Try to check the following setps:

1. Start Windows Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. On the Security tab, click Local Intranet, and then click Sites
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. Type the URL for the computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM server in the Add this website to the zone box, and then click Add.
    6. Type the URL for the computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services in the Add this website to the zone box, and then click Add.
    7. Click Close to close the Local Intranet dialog box, and then click OK.
    8. On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
    9. Click Enable for each component that is listed under ActiveX controls and plugins.
    10. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
    11. Exit Windows Internet Explorer, and then start Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.
    12. Try printing the report.

If you continue to experience the problem that is described in the "Symptoms" section, manually install the ActiveX components. To do this, follow these steps:

a.  Locate the Report Server\bin folder.

Notes

• If you run Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, the folder is located in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin
    • If you run Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, the folder is located in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.4\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

b.  Right-click the RSClientPrint.cab file, and then click Extract. Extract the file to the folder in step 12a.
    c.  Right-click the RSClientPrint.inf file that you extracted in step 12b, and then click Install.
    d.  Try to print the report.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:25 AM

All replies

• User405215855 posted

Jordan3114,

What print control are you trying to use?  Are you using the Crystal Reports version that comes with Visual Studio or some other product?

Jeff

Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:04 AM
  • User-1176222693 posted

Im using SSRS

Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:36 AM
  • User405215855 posted

Trying going through the replies (including manual install of the control) in this post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=332145&SiteID=1

It sounds like the control is not installed completely / properly.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 1:34 AM
  • User1805008792 posted

If the print button doesn't work even after activex control is installed successfully then there is a possibility that print control is disabled on the report server.

Yes there is a configuration in report server by which you can disable the client side printing.

Check this post for details -

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155874(SQL.100).aspx

Sunday, July 20, 2008 5:17 AM
  • User-1176222693 posted

Why i can install the ActiveX control in IE6 then it still pop out again ask me to install again.

Thanks.

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:28 PM
  • User-1176222693 posted

sorry

Ignore previous post

Why i cant install the ActiveX control in IE6 then it still pop out again ask me to install again.

Thanks.
    Monday, July 21, 2008 11:32 PM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

Unable to load client print control

SQL Server Reporting Services uses an ActiveX Print control to control the print functions in Windows Internet Explorer, this problem may occur if the ActiveX components are not installed. As you mentioned that you met the error message even you have installed that components, I just want to make sure if you have installed the ActiveX components in the right way. Try to check the following setps:

1. Start Windows Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. On the Security tab, click Local Intranet, and then click Sites
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. Type the URL for the computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM server in the Add this website to the zone box, and then click Add.
    6. Type the URL for the computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services in the Add this website to the zone box, and then click Add.
    7. Click Close to close the Local Intranet dialog box, and then click OK.
    8. On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
    9. Click Enable for each component that is listed under ActiveX controls and plugins.
    10. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
    11. Exit Windows Internet Explorer, and then start Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.
    12. Try printing the report.

If you continue to experience the problem that is described in the "Symptoms" section, manually install the ActiveX components. To do this, follow these steps:

a.  Locate the Report Server\bin folder.

Notes

• If you run Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, the folder is located in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin
    • If you run Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, the folder is located in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.4\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

b.  Right-click the RSClientPrint.cab file, and then click Extract. Extract the file to the folder in step 12a.
    c.  Right-click the RSClientPrint.inf file that you extracted in step 12b, and then click Install.
    d.  Try to print the report.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:25 AM
  • User-1176222693 posted

Hi,

I face this problem in IE6 , i think i don't have installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0,

is its need administrator account to install it ?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:24 PM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

Well, this solution above is quoted from one of the KB articles which involves the Microsoft Dynamics products. But the key point of the issue is due to the  ActiveX components not installed or not installed properly as i mentioned in the previous post. So just ignore the Microsoft Dynamics products part, and I think others matches your scenario. Try to use administrator account to have a try again.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:44 AM
  • User-1176222693 posted

Thanks i will try it on saturday

Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:01 AM
  • User1582513991 posted
    Have the suggestions in this thread resolved your problems? I am having similar problems here (CRM 4 via IE7, Vista).
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:21 AM
  • User-1030861704 posted

I am having a similar problem.  I have a SSRS server that we run as our production environment, and everything works fine there.  Users are able to print using the Print button generated on the reports.

The problem is with our UAT environment.  We have a separate RS set up there, and when users try to print from that environment, I get the popup stating "Unable to load client print control."

Both RS installations are SQL 2005.  Any ideas why one environment is working and the other isn't? Wouldn't they both be using the same ActiveX control?

I have verified that client printing is enabled on the SQL servers as well.  Any information will be appreciated.

Chris

Monday, August 31, 2009 3:24 PM
  • User-1329078843 posted

have u applied sql server 2005 service pack 3 patch???

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:28 AM