iPhone Simulator always remains black RRS feed

• Question

• User389347 posted

Hi,

I am developing a Xamarin.Forms application. I try to run it on iPhone Simulator , build is successful but the simulator always remain black and in Visual Studio, its always "Lauching the app on iPhone Xs 12.0 "... I am using Visual Studio 2019. And I am using MVVMCross in the App. Any quick help will be really appreciated.

Friday, September 27, 2019 7:10 AM

Answers

• User369978 posted

Do you unselect the option Remote Simulator to Windows ?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 2:50 PM

All replies

• User369978 posted

It's often caused by the bad connection between your winodws and mac agent. Just some suggestions

1. Update Everything(VS for windows, VS for mac, Xcode) to the latest .
    2. Delete bin and obj folder in your project.
    3. Restart mac, reconnect to mac.
    4. Delete the app icon on the simulator .
    5. Rebuild your project and run again.

If it still doesn't work , unselect Remote Simulator to Windows , you could see the Simulator running on mac.

Friday, September 27, 2019 12:18 PM
  • User389347 posted

Colex Thank you for the response. Means a lot. But I have not installed Visual Studio for Mac, it's only on Windows and I am connecting remote MAC with it. And on MAC, I only installed XCode version 10.3. I had installed the latest XCode 11 but it was causing the same issues then I searched and found out that it causes the problems so I downgraded its version. Is it fine?

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:24 PM
  • User389347 posted

Also, when I try to debug the app, it opens the iPhone Simulator, but it is opened in my Windows and not in MAC

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:46 PM
  • User369978 posted

Do you unselect the option Remote Simulator to Windows ?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 2:50 PM
  • User389347 posted

@ColeX Many thanks. This resolved the issue.

Can I ask another off the topic question, please? Its that I have put Entry in the Xaml Content Pages of the PCL project. Entries work great in Android but in iOS simulator, Keyboard never comes up. I have an automatically focused entry on which the keyboard opens up automatically but it never works so I removed its auto focus as well. Still Keyboard is not coming out for any entry.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:30 AM
  • User369978 posted

@Ahsnn said: @ColeX Many thanks. This resolved the issue.

Can I ask another off the topic question, please? Its that I have put Entry in the Xaml Content Pages of the PCL project. Entries work great in Android but in iOS simulator, Keyboard never comes up. I have an automatically focused entry on which the keyboard opens up automatically but it never works so I removed its auto focus as well. Still Keyboard is not coming out for any entry.

Could you open a new thread ? It is not related with original question .

Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:11 AM
  • User389347 posted

@ColeX here it is: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/170858/keyboard-never-appears-for-entries-in-ios-simulator/p1?new=1

Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:12 AM