none
Attach to process missing -vs2012 web express

Question

• I am trying to debug my mobile app but while selecting "Attach to process " in debug section its not available.I am using visual studio 2012 for web express ,how can add this to debug.I ran into few blog which weren't much useful.

so any one have any idea.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi learner_test,

This forum discusses and asks questions about .NET Framework Base Classes, Since your issue is more related to visual studio general, we'll move it to vs general forum for suitable support.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Hi learner_test,

Visual Studio 2012 for web express doesn’t support this feature “Attach to process”.

If possible, you could try to use other version, like Visual Studio 2012 for Desktop/Professional/UltimateVisual Studio Community 2013 Edition or the higher versions, they support “Attach to process”. Of course, you also need to make sure that they support the project types you want to develop.

Visual Studio Community 2013 Edition or VS2015 community version does not distinguish between web, windows, desktop version, and it can be used to develop many app types and have more features and be free.

You could download it refer to this link: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2013-community-vs

So if possible, I suggest you use the higher version if you have to use this debugger feature(Attach to Process).

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:45 AM