Unable to associate App with store (Visual Studio 2017 Community 15.5.6) RRS feed

• Question

• I have two accounts: 
    1) my personal developer account for one user 
    and 
    2) client dev account (for Company) where my another account is register as Develoepr

I'm doing everything according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/packaging/packaging-uwp-apps

In both I've reserved names. And for first case I can see my reserved names but for second case I'm getting error: 

"The store blocked this account. Ensure the account has permission to read reserved app names and that it is linked to a valid Developer subscription"

I've tried change role from developer to Manager, to Custom with all permission.

The result the same. 

Could you help to resolve this problem (enumerate reserved names) or how to diagnose what the root of this problem.
    • Moved by Mattew Wu Friday, February 23, 2018 6:56 AM
    Sunday, February 11, 2018 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>Could you help to resolve this problem (enumerate reserved names) or how to diagnose what the root of this problem.

The role permission only applies to Dev Center dashboard currently. In Visual Studio, you need to sign in with the owner account for your company to get your app associated with the name in Dev Center.

You could vote up this feature request on User Voice site: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/11171271-allow-users-with-the-developer-role-to-create-app

Since the status of this idea is "working on it", it will be released in the future. But currently, you can only upload the package as developer role.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Monday, February 12, 2018 9:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, February 12, 2018 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by L'Yosha Monday, February 12, 2018 12:27 PM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>Could you help to resolve this problem (enumerate reserved names) or how to diagnose what the root of this problem.

The role permission only applies to Dev Center dashboard currently. In Visual Studio, you need to sign in with the owner account for your company to get your app associated with the name in Dev Center.

You could vote up this feature request on User Voice site: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/11171271-allow-users-with-the-developer-role-to-create-app

Since the status of this idea is "working on it", it will be released in the future. But currently, you can only upload the package as developer role.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Monday, February 12, 2018 9:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, February 12, 2018 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by L'Yosha Monday, February 12, 2018 12:27 PM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 9:26 AM
  • Thanks for the clarification!
    • Edited by L'Yosha Monday, February 12, 2018 12:28 PM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 12:27 PM