none
Azure Antimalware (Endpoint Protection) says "your system administrator has restricted access to this app" RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Antimalware extension on several Azure VMs. Only one VM allows access to "System Center Endpoint Protection". All the other ones say "your system administrator has restricted access to this app". Now, since I am the system administrator, I am at a loss how to be able to see / configure the other VMs using this program.

Just to cover all bases, I have try installing this extension both from PowerShell and the preview Azure portal. I get the same results from either installation.

I have read about SCCM, and, since only that forum mentioned this issue, I posted there first. As I expected, I was asked to repost in Azure forum.

I am posting to this forum specifically because it appears to be the most "generic". If I am in the wrong forum, please let me know where I should post my question, since there don't appear to be any forums discussing extensions for Azure.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, November 17, 2014 12:53 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Thanks for posting your query here.

I suggest you to try this and hope it helps you.

cd to the "program files/microsoft security client", then run "configsecuritypolicy cleanuppolicy.xml"

This xml file is already in this directory.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by David F. Denes Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hello!

Thanks for reaching out here.

We're working on your query in collaboration with the team concerned. Shall keep this thread updated.

Thank you,

Arvind

Monday, November 17, 2014 7:19 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for posting your query here.

I suggest you to try this and hope it helps you.

cd to the "program files/microsoft security client", then run "configsecuritypolicy cleanuppolicy.xml"

This xml file is already in this directory.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by David F. Denes Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:44 AM
  • This worked perfectly! Thanks

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:35 PM
  • HI Girish,

Thanks for help. its working for me.

Thanks,

being62 administrator

Friday, August 28, 2015 8:35 AM
  • Thanks a lot. This resolved my long lasting issue with 4 azure VMs. 
    Friday, January 4, 2019 9:41 PM