none
Store Issue? - Download numbers fluctuating like crazy

Question

• Over the past few months I've seen some crazy moves in the daily 'Acquisition' numbers for my app - and I am wondering whether the root cause is issues around app discoverability or download reliability with the Store.  To be specific:

Mar 16 - Sep 16: consistently between 1,500 and 1,800 daily
    Oct 16 - Nov 16: trended down to around 500 daily
    Nov 16 - Jan 17: consistently between 450 and 550 daily
    Late Jan 17: suddenly jumped up to 1,200 daily
    Late Feb 17: suddenly dropped to 400 daily

Throughout this period, the app has been 4.6* average rating, and consistently in the top 5 in its category (PC, Books & Readers/E-reader) on all dimensions (best rated, top free, most popular, & best selling), as viewed on the Store website link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/best-selling/apps/pc?target=apps..books%20%26%20reference.e-reader .  I haven't been engaging in any external marketing activities around the app during this period, and as far as I can see from Google, nothing has changed around the visibility of my app through Google search.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here?

Jim Chapman

Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

At forum, it can be hard to confirm the real cause for the fluctuation and there is no way to guarantee that your app will always get selected.

If you have query about your app acquisition data or the Windows Store, please contact Dev Center support through your developer account so that they can review it closely.

To make your app eligible to be promotion in the Store, you might refer to Make your app easier to promote.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi Jim,

I want to report I have exactly the same issue with my app. The app is movimg up and down in search results too. Acquisitions numbers are going up and down every few days sinds a few months now.

Keeps continuing.

Best Regards,

Eugène Schouten (Photo Dating)

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:05 AM