Opening multiple Excel cube report from ReportServer causing issue from same file name RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I do have different cube reports using Excel on ReportServer. When I try to open those excel file it gives resource.xlsx by default instead of file name. It causes issue. What I need to do in order to keep same name to excel worksheet as on report server?

Jatinkumar Shah

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Jatinkumar Shah,

Are you using SSAS to do analysis ? 

Could you try simply create a test excel and upload it to server, see if the name would change?

Also you could share some screenshot to let us understand your question more precisely. 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Anything new? Did you already resolve your issue?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 24, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

All excels are created to access cubes. One per each cube. All excels manually and uploaded on report server. I found  solution for iis but not for Report Server configuration.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/configuration/system.webserver/staticcontent/mimemap

Jatinkumar Shah

Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:11 PM
  • It looks like internet explorer related issue because when I checked it against Microsoft Edge it worked fine and also it worked fine with Google chrome as well. 

Jatinkumar Shah

Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:42 PM
  • Hi Jatinkumar,

If so,  could you use it with chrome or so to make it work. I am not quite good at web browser trouble shooting, perhaps you could go to IE forum to seek for further help.

Lukas 

Friday, May 31, 2019 2:07 AM