Getting infopath forms to work in browser [including chrome] RRS feed

• Question

• hi - i made a very simple infopath form in infopath 2003.  i uploaded it to our sharepoint (moss 2007) server.  it works absolutely perfectly.  i even have it set up so that when you type something in a field, the text turns green and becomes a green color.

also, when you click the submit button, the entire infopath file will actually post in another sharepoint form library that only a limited number of colleagues have access to [for security].  everyone is excited about it.

there is only one caveat:

the form only works if the user has infopath 2003 installed on their computer, and it only loads when you are using ms ie browser.

so now i have to learn how to get this form to work across all browsers, including chrome because people here use it, along with firefox.  i've not been able to find any help on how to do this.

can someone help please?  thanks.

Mike Walton

Friday, March 9, 2012 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

I searched from internal resources and got a solution of this issue:
    CAUSE:
    ====================
    This issue is caused by the farm being Quiesced.

RESOLUTION/WORKAROUND:
    ====================
    Reset the farm
    1. Central Administration
    2. Operations Tab
    3. Quiesce Farm
    4. It should say “Status Quiesced”
    5. Click Reset Farm
    6. If the issue is still not resolved, reboot the farm

Thanks,
    Lhan Han

• Marked as answer by Deaf Guy 2 Friday, March 16, 2012 11:43 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

According to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/web-browser-compatibility-in-infopath-forms-services-HA010204085.aspx (InfoPath 2007) and http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263526.aspx (InfoPath 2010) the browser support of InfoPath is kind of limited. It only lists IE 32bit as full support, IE 64bit, FirefoxSafari and Netscape with limited support. Not supported the Chrome browser. The InfoPath 2003 supported browsers less than InfoPath 2007 and InfoPath 2010.

Thanks,
    Lhan Han
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:11 AM
  • Hi - thank you for your reply.  I guess I should not have emphasized so much about Chrome browser.  The whole point about my issue is not that my browser enabled form does not work in Chrome; it does not work in ANY browser, including IE.  Also, I do want to clarify something - I mistakenly put in my previous post that I'm using InfoPath 2003; this is not right, that I'm using InfoPath 2007.

I have created a video walk-though of the issue I'm having.  You will see in the video that first, the form works great when you open it up in SharePoint and use the IP software to complete and submit the form.

The part I am having issues with is publishing the form as a browser enabled form.  Here is the video on my YouTube channel:

http://youtu.be/REwoOSIZV_0?hd=1

Please review the video and hopefully it will allow someone to assist me with this issue.

Thanks.

Mike Walton

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:30 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I searched from internal resources and got a solution of this issue:
    CAUSE:
    ====================
    This issue is caused by the farm being Quiesced.

RESOLUTION/WORKAROUND:
    ====================
    Reset the farm
    1. Central Administration
    2. Operations Tab
    3. Quiesce Farm
    4. It should say “Status Quiesced”
    5. Click Reset Farm
    6. If the issue is still not resolved, reboot the farm

Thanks,
    Lhan Han

• Marked as answer by Deaf Guy 2 Friday, March 16, 2012 11:43 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Hi - thanks for this.  I'll check it out.

Mike Walton

Friday, March 16, 2012 11:43 AM