This is so ridiculously stupid! RRS feed

• Question

• User-154051931 posted

Let me tell you something I hate about App_Code, when compiled it cant be named anything other than App_Code.dll

I try this sad excuse for help called Web Deployment Projects, chose to merge all folders to their own assemby, and it gives me a box to specifiy a prefix or whatever, so I thought "YAY! this will work!"  What does the retarded thing do?  It puts the prefix on all DLL's except App_Code 

Can anyone explain the stupid reason behind this????  I am trying to reference the entire app code of another application, which is ok.  But, when I try to deploy that app (the one with the reference to the app_code), it will not precompile because it says there cant be two App_Code.dll's

This is the only thing about VS2005 that absolutely drives me nuts and makes me want to develop using something else...

Friday, March 9, 2007 4:18 PM

All replies

• User39490543 posted
    While I appreciate your frustration, I caution you to watch your tone and your choice of words if you'd like your question to be taken seriously and get the help you are looking for.  After all, your ultimate goal is to get past the problem and not simply vent. :-)
    Friday, March 9, 2007 5:12 PM
  • User-154051931 posted

Sorry, but this is just impossible for me to believe.

Thanks for your help...??

Friday, March 9, 2007 5:14 PM