locked
rsUrlRemapError when opening Report with Reporting Services RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

     

    We have a SP2010 farm, including an app/wfe server and a SQL/report server. We are trying to integrate reports into SharePoint.

    We've succesfully configured integration, following this article on technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677365.aspx.

    However, when trying to open a report (more specifically, when applying parameters on the report) we are greeted with the following error:

    The URL, 'https://[url]/srs/_vti_bin/ReportServer', cannot be mapped to a public URL in this SharePoint environment. (rsUrlRemapError)

    I've yet to found a solution to this problem. I found a similar thread on the forums (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/sharepoint2010general/thread/208ef533-da9c-46d2-b3de-378eba3a9ef5) but that was over a year ago, and no solutions were posted.

     

    This problem is stopping us from using the Reporting Services and is a dealbreaker. Are there any known solutions to this problem?

     

    • Moved by Nishant - MSFT Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:38 AM Moving to SSRS forums as this is about catching SSRS errors and raising a custom error message instead of the default, SharePoint would just display whatever error is rendered by SSRS (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:37 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

     

    Thank you for your question.

     

    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.


    Xue-Mei Chang
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Looking forward to it!

     

    Further information I forgot to include:

    The HTTP service located at http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc is too busy.

    The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

     

    Upon trying to browse http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc on the server, I was greeted with the following error (I had to enabled serviceDebug first):

     

    An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
    System.InvalidOperationException: An exception was thrown in a call to a policy export extension.
    Extension: System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportSecurityBindingElement
    Error: Security policy export failed. The binding contains a TransportSecurityBindingElement but no transport binding element that implements ITransportTokenAssertionProvider. Policy export for such a binding is not supported. Make sure the transport binding element in the binding implements the ITransportTokenAssertionProvider interface. ----> System.InvalidOperationException: Security policy export failed. The binding contains a TransportSecurityBindingElement but no transport binding element that implements ITransportTokenAssertionProvider. Policy export for such a binding is not supported. Make sure the transport binding element in the binding implements the ITransportTokenAssertionProvider interface.
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportSecurityBindingElement.System.ServiceModel.Description.IPolicyExportExtension.ExportPolicy(MetadataExporter exporter, PolicyConversionContext policyContext)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExporter.ExportPolicy(ServiceEndpoint endpoint)
       --- End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExporter.ExportPolicy(ServiceEndpoint endpoint)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.WsdlExporter.ExportEndpoint(ServiceEndpoint endpoint, XmlQualifiedName wsdlServiceQName)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.WsdlExporter.ExportEndpoints(IEnumerable`1 endpoints, XmlQualifiedName wsdlServiceQName)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataBehavior.MetadataExtensionInitializer.GenerateMetadata()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.EnsureInitialized()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.InitializationData.InitializeFrom(ServiceMetadataExtension extension)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.GetInitData()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.TryHandleDocumentationRequest(Message httpGetRequest, String[] queries, Message& replyMessage)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceMetadataExtension.HttpGetImpl.ProcessHttpRequest(Message httpGetRequest)
       at SyncInvokeGet(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
    



    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:04 PM
  • While the above error has lead to many hours wasted on trying the solution, the real solution was much easier. In desparation I tried to clear some errors the SharePoint Health Analyzer generated.

     

    One of these errors was that the Security Token Service was in a malfunctioning state. Microsoft suggests to restart the Application Pool, but this was to no avail. But, apparantly this Application Pool is not only on the App server, but also on the WFE server. After starting the Security Token Application Pool on the WFE server, Reports started working!

    Friday, December 2, 2011 1:01 PM