Asp.Net Connection Pool Timeout With Oracle 11g RRS feed

• Question

• User-320457187 posted

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

Mensagem de erro: A solicitação de conexão com pools sofreu timeout 

Rastreamento de Pilha: at OracleInternal.ConnectionPool.PoolManager`3.Get(ConnectionString csWithDiffOrNewPwd, Boolean bGetForApp, CriteriaCtx criteriaCtx, String affinityInstanceName, Boolean bForceMatch)
    at OracleInternal.ConnectionPool.OraclePoolManager.Get(ConnectionString csWithNewPassword, Boolean bGetForApp, CriteriaCtx criteriaCtx, String affinityInstanceName, Boolean bForceMatch)
    at OracleInternal.ConnectionPool.OracleConnectionDispenser`3.Get(ConnectionString cs, PM conPM, ConnectionString pmCS, SecureString securedPassword, SecureString securedProxyPassword, CriteriaCtx criteriaCtx)
    at Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open()
    at WebUserControls_wucCadastraDadosAlfas.busca_NomeComunidade(String cod_mun, String cod_macro, String cod_pis, String cod_pif) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\diasmelhores\alfa\WebUserControls\wucCadastraDadosAlfas.ascx.cs:line 893
    at WebUserControls_wucCadastraDadosAlfas.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\diasmelhores\alfa\WebUserControls\wucCadastraDadosAlfas.ascx.cs:line 97
    at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I'm running the application in a Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, using a IIS 6.1.

My data is stored in a Oracle 11g R2.

I use the Oracle.ManagedDataAccess Nugget package version 12.2.1100.

Friday, November 9, 2018 1:20 PM

All replies

• User269602965 posted

Look at your managed driver config settings

Add this line <setting name="SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES" value="null" /> to the other settings your have.

Retest

<oracle.manageddataaccess.client>

<version number="*">

<settings>

<setting name="SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES" value="null" />

</settings>

</version>

</oracle.manageddataaccess.client>

Friday, November 9, 2018 11:41 PM
  • User269602965 posted

And you can experiment with other than default connection timeout settings like:

<connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="data source=xxxx;user id=xxxx;password=xxxx;persist security info=false;Connection Timeout=128;" /> </connectionStrings>

Friday, November 9, 2018 11:44 PM
  • User-320457187 posted

Hi, 

I'm already using 120 seconds connection timeout.

Also, the problem is intermittent, and is solved temporarily by restarting the application pool on the IIS. And We runned the application locally Using Visual Studio debug, and it could conect to the database.

Monday, November 12, 2018 12:28 PM
  • User269602965 posted

Although I use the Managed Driver has much as possible, we know it is still not perfect.  In your case, I would switch back to the ODP.NET Unmanaged Driver and full Oracle SQL Client.  Switching back and forth is not too hard as the code in pages/app remains the same, just have to change the app settings/config and IMPORT/USING statements.

I would also take GAC out of the picture by putting the ODAC driver in the /BIN folder of the application and making local references to it. And recompile.  Of course with Unmanaged Driver, it is BIT specific (32-bit vs 64-bit).

That has solved several issues for me in the past and I bypass the GAC every time I make a new app.

Monday, November 12, 2018 9:34 PM