none
.net framework 3.5 download error on windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, i am trying to get .net framwork 3.5 to download onto my computer that is currently running windows 7 32-bit and everytime i start teh download it runs fine untill the last bar (i think) once it finishes it says Setup Error, Now i was told that having  Windows 7 SDK would let 7 install it, but i still have the error. Am i supposed to run SDK? or just have it on my comp? i really need some help!!!
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Ithro,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows 7, .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 is shipped with it as one of OS component.
    For .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1, it includes .NET 2.0 with SP2 and .NET 3.0 with SP2 as prerequisite.
    This means, you have the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes on Windows 7. They are OS components. We don't need to manually install it.

We can get .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 as Windows feature.
    Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Check the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, April 5, 2010 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Just give it another shot by downloading from this link and try:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c17ba869-9671-4330-a63e-1fd44e0e2505&displaylang=en

BR, PM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:51 AM
  • Hi Ithro,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows 7, .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 is shipped with it as one of OS component.
    For .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1, it includes .NET 2.0 with SP2 and .NET 3.0 with SP2 as prerequisite.
    This means, you have the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes on Windows 7. They are OS components. We don't need to manually install it.

We can get .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 as Windows feature.
    Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Check the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, April 5, 2010 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:28 AM
  • I also have the same problem when installing Visual studio 2010. I go to the  Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Check the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and it makes no diffrence. Studio tells me to install it and .net framework tells me to turn it off or on.

Under framework 3.5.1 is wcf http activation and wcf non-http activation and nothing else.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:59 PM
  • hi YiChun,

Accidentally removed .Net from my win.7 32 bits, i wanted remove one other thing, so now microsoft don't have .Net for win.7 only vista and older it give's me always error or some sort, that is not applicable on your PC, and when i install 3.5 or some sort......it says only error on the configuration, help please. plus i already did what you said and it dind' work, maybe i am to dumb to make it work :)

Regards

Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Hello, Guerreiro.

Let's find out exactly what .NET Frameworks you have on your Windows 7 system.

Run this verification tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Post the first 20 lines and last 20 lines of tool output here.

Once we see the current situation, we'll be able to proceed with corrections as required.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:48 PM