none
Cannot connect to RemoteFX enabled server using normal RDP. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to connect to a remoteFX enabled VM from my RDP client running in Linux.

But I am getting the error code 112e. As per the detail in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc240544(PROT.10).aspx#footerLink the meaning of the error is,

"The server-side graphics subsystem failed to reset."

Can anyone tell what this error correspond to ?

Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• Follow-up to forum.  This was resolved off-line.  Adding ALLOW_CACHE_WAITING_LIST_FLAG (0x0002) to the TS_BITMAPCACHE_CAPABILITYSET_REV2::CacheFlags field worked around this error message.  TS_BITMAPCACHE_CAPABILITYSET_REV2 CacheFlags and ALLOW_CACHE_WAITING_LIST_FLAG are documented in [MS-RDPBCGR] (Remote Desktop Protocol: Basic Connectivity and Graphics Remoting Specification) at 2.2.7.1.4.2 “Revision 2 (TS_BITMAPCACHE_CAPABILITYSET_REV2)”.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
    Monday, December 27, 2010 6:38 PM

All replies

• Ranjith,

Someone from our team will follow-up with you shortly in regards to your question.

Dominic Salemno
    Escalation Engineer
    Open Specifications

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Hi Ranjith,

I can help you with this.  Can you send me mail at "dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com"? 

This is a new error code with Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 SP1.  Are you running Windows 7 SP1 “beta” or Windows 7 SP1 Release Candidate (RC)?  The RC build can be downloaded from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ff183870.aspx.  I would like to ensure you are at using the RC build of SP1 as a baseline as we work on this.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Hi Ranjith,

Has this been resolved?  I remain available to assist you with this.  Can you contact me by e-mailing "dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com"? 

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:13 PM
  • hi,

No, the issue is not yet resolved I am still working around it.

I have sent you mail to "dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com" . Sorry that i was not available to respond you for the last few mails.

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Thank you.  I received your mail
    Monday, December 27, 2010 4:53 PM
  • Follow-up to forum.  This was resolved off-line.  Adding ALLOW_CACHE_WAITING_LIST_FLAG (0x0002) to the TS_BITMAPCACHE_CAPABILITYSET_REV2::CacheFlags field worked around this error message.  TS_BITMAPCACHE_CAPABILITYSET_REV2 CacheFlags and ALLOW_CACHE_WAITING_LIST_FLAG are documented in [MS-RDPBCGR] (Remote Desktop Protocol: Basic Connectivity and Graphics Remoting Specification) at 2.2.7.1.4.2 “Revision 2 (TS_BITMAPCACHE_CAPABILITYSET_REV2)”.

Monday, December 27, 2010 6:38 PM