Encrypt/Decrypt in Windows store app.

Question

• Hi

I am using below code in my web application to encrypt and Decrypt the text. but when I try to use the same code in Windows Store app it not working and show missing some classes.

Can you please help me get the most equivalent code in WinRT.  

public static string Encrypt(string plainSourceStringToEncrypt, string passPhrase)
            {
                //Set up the encryption objects
                using (AesCryptoServiceProvider acsp = GetProvider(Encoding.Default.GetBytes(passPhrase)))
                {
                    byte[] sourceBytes = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(plainSourceStringToEncrypt);
                    ICryptoTransform ictE = acsp.CreateEncryptor();

//Set up stream to contain the encryption
                    MemoryStream msS = new MemoryStream();

//Perform the encrpytion, storing output into the stream
                    CryptoStream csS = new CryptoStream(msS, ictE, CryptoStreamMode.Write);
                    csS.Write(sourceBytes, 0, sourceBytes.Length);
                    csS.FlushFinalBlock();

//sourceBytes are now encrypted as an array of secure bytes
                    byte[] encryptedBytes = msS.ToArray(); //.ToArray() is important, don't mess with the buffer

//return the encrypted bytes as a BASE64 encoded string
                    return Convert.ToBase64String(encryptedBytes);
                }
            }

public static string Decrypt(string base64StringToDecrypt, string passphrase)
            {
                //Set up the encryption objects
                using (AesCryptoServiceProvider acsp = GetProvider(Encoding.Default.GetBytes(passphrase)))
                {
                    byte[] RawBytes = Convert.FromBase64String(base64StringToDecrypt);
                    ICryptoTransform ictD = acsp.CreateDecryptor();

//RawBytes now contains original byte array, still in Encrypted state

//Decrypt into stream
                    MemoryStream msD = new MemoryStream(RawBytes, 0, RawBytes.Length);
                    CryptoStream csD = new CryptoStream(msD, ictD, CryptoStreamMode.Read);
                    //csD now contains original byte array, fully decrypted

//return the content of msD as a regular string
                    return (new StreamReader(csD)).ReadToEnd();
                }
            }

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Ck Nitin,

I would suggest you to go through the documentation: Encrypting data and working with certificates

Some of the classes are not available in windows store app while they are working perfectly in web application, as I can see from your code, looks like a Base64 encrypt and decrypt, you may want this: Encoding and decoding base64 data

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, November 7, 2014 2:29 AM