locked
Problem “can’t load object”-error RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1378098380 posted
    Hello! Have a wap-application that causes a lot of trouble. Everything worked OK, but suddenly the application started to throw errors when some cell phones accessed the app. Errors like: "can't load object" I altered in the web.config file so the default output was wml. Like this. <browserCaps> <filter> <case match="Unknown" with="%{browser}"> preferredRenderingType = "wml11" preferredRenderingMime = "text/vnd.wap.wml" preferredImageMime = "image/vnd.wap.wbmp" </case> </filter> </browserCaps> This worked fine during a couple of months. But now the application has started to throw the same errors again. I haven't changed anything in the application, the only thing that has changed is the IP to the server where the application is located. Any suggestions?!
    Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:00 PM

All replies

  • User-1378098380 posted
    Still having problems with this app. We now know that only users with the same cell phone operator generate this problem. First I thought there was something wrong on the output from the server, but I have tried to get those users with the problem to access a pure .wml file. But still the same errors. Errors like: "can't load object" I have contacted the phone operator and they told me that it is probably some security setting on my IIS. But I can’t find anything! Is there anyone "out there" with a similar problem?
    Thursday, March 3, 2005 5:00 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    It seems that there are some problems with operator gateway. Using same device test the page through different gateways. If you find a gateway that gives errors contact the owner of gateway. Also you can try to get pure WML output of the incorrectly working gateway. You may be also in situation where gateway send HTTP response code about error and therefore the output of your script may never reach to device.
    Thursday, March 3, 2005 5:11 AM
  • User-1378098380 posted
    After some testing everything was pointing to the cell phone operator. I put some more pressure on operator (mails and calls). And suddenly: Abracadabra - it worked. The did not, of course, acknowledge that they had any problems with their systems.
    Friday, March 11, 2005 4:53 AM