none
Windows Embedded 2009 Standard installing via lan RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Cause I have to clone more and more images of windows embedded 2009 standard in target platforms,I'm searching a way to do the deploy via lan. I searched in more forums, but the only things that I've found was that I can boot from lan emulating the XPe 2009 in RAM and not the install procedure from Lan.My platform doesn't has an usb port, the only way is tranfer image directly inside throught lan, is that possible?Need I a served to do this?

Thanks you

Rocco 

Friday, May 20, 2011 8:39 AM

All replies

• there is a remote boot/deploy service fpr wes2009. i never used it so i can't help you that much.

you were ask to install this service while the installation of wes 2009 toolkit.

you target machines need pxe boot at least.

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Some developers have been able to perform a remote boot and the image that runs in RAM downloads a final image to an internal hard drive. I believe Norton Ghost has a more sophisticated solution.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, May 20, 2011 3:50 PM
  • Thank you everyone for reply. I resolved installing acronis pxe server, that permit to deploy via lan and save the image to flash disk.

Thank you again

bye

Rocco

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:54 AM