Localizing applications RRS feed

• Question

• User-314657242 posted

first of all, I don't know whether I'm posting in the correct place & whether u r the exact people to ask this question, cos it's reagrding my own language!!!

I'm a Sri Lankan- native language is Sinhala. I want to write an application in VS 2005 which support sinhala language. I tried using Resource files n trying to put the Sinhala content in the .resx file and tried to access them using the following code...

Protected Sub ibtSinhala_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles ibtSinhala.Click
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
    New CultureInfo("si-SL") 
            LoadStrings(Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture)
    End Sub

This didn't work and the the experts at the Local forums told me that there's no such Cultural setting for Sri Lanka (like 'en-US', 'en-GB', 'fr-FR'........etc)

And also I was given the link to http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/nlsweb/default.mspx?submitted=045B&OS=Windows%20Vista still I could not find a solution there.....This link discusses about the Sinhala support for Vista, but can i use it for any application I create in XP environment?

I hope somebody could help me on this issue...

Thanks in Advance.....

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:00 AM

All replies

• User-1225738063 posted

I believe you are looking for "si-LK"

Monday, November 19, 2007 1:24 PM