Silver light in 64 bit Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to migrate silver light 32 bit application to 64 bit as MAC not support 32 bit? Please help me any boy. Thanks. 
    Wednesday, April 22, 2020 4:07 AM

All replies

• Seems not.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/is-silverlight-available-in-64-bit/d35d9e84-7b76-4fd1-a132-4d442a669d68?auth=1

Since Microsoft have declared Silverlight will be EOL-ed next year and no plan for enabling extended support, it is very unlikely.

You should plan migrating it to UWP/Web now.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:42 AM
    Answerer
  • Update: I managed to get Silverlight runtime package file "5.1.10411.0_silverlight5.1.10411.0.dmg".

By using 7-Zip to open it and examine it's content, the postflight script contains call to "./coregen_x86_64" for XNA and the sort CoreCLR assemblies, which suggest this runtime can run on 64-bit subsystem.

It may work if you try doing clean install on Catalina if all you want is to use it to run Silverlight Apps. Although possibly no way to get it work in Safari as the plugin file itself probably isn't .NET application and need seperate 64-bit plugin to load correctly.

And since it has to go through installer, it may just refuse to run (I have no experience on reading installer metadata for Mac package) and you may have to extract the packages manually, put them on the correct folder and run the postflight script, and maybe some other steps needed which is on the metadata itself which I don't know). I'm not a Mac user so no environment to test with it.

Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:55 AM
    Answerer
  • Microsoft will end total support for Silverlight on October 12, 2021, so it is good to keep Silverlight out of the box. Thank you.
    Friday, May 15, 2020 1:40 PM