CDN Error message in Azure Management portal RRS feed

• Question

• Just started getting a warning in my Azure Management portal.

"Warnings encountered loading management data."

Details:

"Could not retrieve the CDN endpoints in subscription with ID 'xxxxxxxxx'."

(I replaced the ID with xxxxxxxx).

If I go into the CDN section, it says I have no CDN endpoints setup (which is correct), but there is a orange triangle on the CDN icon.

Nothing seems to be causing problems, and I dont use the CDN, but wondered what caused my subscription to start warning me about this, and if something needs to be looked at.

Any one any ideas?

As far as I know I havent done anything, and this is the first time I've seen this warning messages in 12 months.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:55 AM

Answers

• Well, it only took them 8hrs to report it on the Azure status page :(

Seems to be a global problem now: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Hi Rob ;

Since you are not using the CDN and still encountering the orange triangle which is an indication of a warning, I suggest you create a billing ticket thus enabling our team to investigate this issue further.

Billing support is free and here are the steps I had enlisted to open up a ticket..

How to open a Billing/Technical support request from Portal

Service requests can be created from both Billing portal as well as Management portal following the below steps:

• Billing portal:
        • Select target subscription and click on Contact Microsoft Support on the right side of the webpage.

Management Portal:
      • Click on your account name and then click on Contact Microsoft Support

• Choose target subscription from dropdown menu and the specific Support type (Note: you need a paid technical support plan for Technical support enablement).
    • You can also specify the preferred language and your location.It is very important you properly choose country/region and preferred language in order to receive support by an engineer close to your time frame and, possibly, speaking your language.

• Click on Create Ticket
    • Follow on screen instructions to properly classify your request and provide a clear and specific description of the scenario/problem.

Once you complete these steps and submit your request, a support engineer will contact you as soon as possible to proceed with your request.

Regards;

Prasant

• Marked as answer by Prasant Chhetri Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:12 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

As I understand, you started getting the Warning messages for CDN while accessing Management portal though you are not using CDN.

Where you performing any operations when you got the message popped up ?

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:01 AM
  • Hi Rob ;

Since you are not using the CDN and still encountering the orange triangle which is an indication of a warning, I suggest you create a billing ticket thus enabling our team to investigate this issue further.

Billing support is free and here are the steps I had enlisted to open up a ticket..

How to open a Billing/Technical support request from Portal

Service requests can be created from both Billing portal as well as Management portal following the below steps:

• Billing portal:
        • Select target subscription and click on Contact Microsoft Support on the right side of the webpage.

Management Portal:
      • Click on your account name and then click on Contact Microsoft Support

• Choose target subscription from dropdown menu and the specific Support type (Note: you need a paid technical support plan for Technical support enablement).
    • You can also specify the preferred language and your location.It is very important you properly choose country/region and preferred language in order to receive support by an engineer close to your time frame and, possibly, speaking your language.

• Click on Create Ticket
    • Follow on screen instructions to properly classify your request and provide a clear and specific description of the scenario/problem.

Once you complete these steps and submit your request, a support engineer will contact you as soon as possible to proceed with your request.

Regards;

Prasant

• Marked as answer by Prasant Chhetri Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:12 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:38 AM
  • I'm getting this error too, so it's obviously a system issue, not specific to just you.

Unfortunately Microsoft have chosen not to let people report system wide issues from their support port unless they have a premium support plan..

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Well, it only took them 8hrs to report it on the Azure status page :(

Seems to be a global problem now: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

Issue appears resolved right now  http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/ . Please confirm if you are still getting CDN warnings.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

The warning has gone now, thanks.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:18 AM