Output validation error in maps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to map using custom xslt.My input is a .txt file and my output is an xml file.I am testing the map against my input file.Its showing test map failure with the comment Output Validation error: Root element missing. Can anyone help me to solve my issue

Thanks in advance

Regards,

hellobiztalk

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The actual problem was with the XSLT .I rectified it and its working fine.

Thanks a lot....

Regards,

hellobiztalk

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:54 AM

All replies

• I suggest you are using Flat FIle disassembler. That the transformation is from two steps: FF --> Xml, Xml-->Xml (in the map).
    If this is a case:
    Take the Xml file after first step and make sure it has the same schema as the source schema for the map.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

Is it like I want to provide an xml file for testing the map?

Regards,

hellobiztalk

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:25 AM
  • Of course.
    You can use the Generate Instance command to create the test Xml message for the source schema to test the map.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:29 AM
  • I tried the sam.but still its showing the same error(ie:- Output validation error:Root element is missing)

Regards,

hellobiztalk

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:44 AM
  • Make sure the xml message has the root with right namespace prefix. Something like <ns0:Root xmls:ns0=".....>
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:45 AM
  • Hi,

The actual problem was with the XSLT .I rectified it and its working fine.

Thanks a lot....

Regards,

hellobiztalk

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:54 AM