none
Free Format Duration VBA Macro for Project 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

Project 2010 no longer has Microsoft's VBA macro to format durations. There have been a number of requests for the same functionality in Project 2010 here in this forum and elsewhere, so I've written a replacement macro. In fact I couldn't resist improving it so this macro formats either all tasks in the active project or all selected tasks in the active project.

To download a copy, visit http://www.projectvbabook.com and click the Sample VBA Code button.

This is a freebie, so all care but no responsibility.

Enjoy!

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:04 AM

All replies

• Very cool. I wrote something a bit similar a bit ago for a toolkit addin Im working on. Hard to believe they took this out. :-)

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:18 AM
  • My client was just asking for this in fact.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Well there you have it: synchronicity in action! Let me know how it goes.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:02 PM
  • Rod,

I am looking for a way to get at the following Project Server 2010 fields: Constraint Type, Unique ID Predecessors, Unique ID Successors. I can download most everything from the Reporting database but those three fields in particular do not exist in the database schema. Ergo, I cannot extract them. Are they somehow generated by Project Professional once the schedule is opened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Garrett Rowley

Friday, March 1, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

Pardon me jumping in hee. The answer is yes to all.

Greetings,

Friday, March 1, 2013 6:19 PM
  • Jan,

Based on your reply, I can only conclude that what I want to do is not possible. Is there a way for me to calculate that data using the same algorithm that Microsoft uses?

Thanks, Garrett

Saturday, March 2, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Hi,

Isn't it much smpler to open the file and read them in VBA from Project Professional? Your allergy to Professional must be quiet strong if you prefer to recode part of its scheduling engine :-)

Greetings,

Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Jan,

I am actually looking to extract these data items from Project Server 2010.

Thanks, Garrett

Monday, March 4, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Hi arrett,

You replied yourself, I quote:

those three fields in particular do not exist in the database schema. Ergo, I cannot extract them. Are they somehow generated by Project Professional once the schedule is opened?

And my reply to that is yes. No need to calculate them, they are there in Professional but not in Server.

Greetings,

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:35 PM
  • Hi -  I suspect this code would be very useful for me in my current application.  However, the link does not work.

Can you post this code?

Thank you!

Eve

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:49 PM