locked
Mysql and asp .net arabic language problem ? RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1256959615 posted
    i have an arabic web site connected to mysql database ,i am using utf8 for encoding but still the data that i retrieved from the database and bind it to the datagrid still appears like this 

        (3E 'DDG 'D1

    i don't know what is the problem ????????/


    Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:21 PM

All replies

  • User1873438307 posted
    I dont work in Mysql but i thin that your problem is from Mysql not your application. Let me ask if u have the problem in localhost or once u publish and post ur web.config please

    regards
    Saturday, August 13, 2005 5:18 PM
  • User1256959615 posted
    i don't have any problem in the publish,and i have add some records manualy to mysql in arabic and they also didn't appear in arabic in my web page ,but apears in arabic in mysql ,
    where as when i have added records through webpage to my mysql they appear like ???????? in mysql and also didn't appear in arabic in my webpage .
    Saturday, August 13, 2005 5:45 PM
  • User1873438307 posted
    Check this link and try all of its choices but start with this

    Webform1 Save As..
    Select save with encoding drop down button

    Select Save UTF8 with signitures

    http://forums.asp.net/1005261/ShowPost.aspx

    HTH
    Sunday, August 14, 2005 11:44 AM
  • User1256959615 posted
    i have followed all the steps for saving the page with encoding utf8,but still the problem exist, but i think the problem is from windows ,i have added arabic language to it ,and the browser dispaly the arabic sites correctly but with arabic windows encoding .

    Monday, August 15, 2005 3:55 PM