To add sorting and paging to a gridcontrol RRS feed

• Question

• User916960176 posted

Hi,

I want to add sorting and paging features to the custom gridcontrol(uses the asp.net datagrid) which has an object as a datasource from a webservice. How can I accomplish this.

Thanks in advance,

Manjunath M. R. 

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 3:29 AM

All replies

• User1186257875 posted

If its an array of entities then you could use my tutorial for the sorting... if not then you could adapt the code?  http://davidkiff.co.uk/Article.aspx?aid=4

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 3:59 AM
  • User916960176 posted

Hi David,

Does the same work for a datagrid.(Because the link which u gave deals with gridview)

Thanks,

Manjunath M. R. 

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:14 AM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

From your description, it seems that you want to create a Bi-Directional Sortable custom DataGrids, right?

<o:p> </o:p>

If so, you may try the following articles which explains a solution on how to achieve that.

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/012903-1.aspx

Thanks.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:07 PM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi, 

Currently I am marking this thread as “Answered”, if my reply does not help you resolve the problem, please feel free to unmark it. Please also provide the following information and we will be glad to follow up:

The error message after you try the solution above.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:32 AM
  • User916960176 posted

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help.

The link u gave works fine for a datagrid that has a database as a source. That doesn't work for an object that is dynamically created(like a datatable) and binded dynamically. Basically ,the website has its own custom grid control which makes use of the datagrid, dynamically creates a datatable and binds it to the datagrid. Now the task is to add sorting capability to the custom grid control. 

Do you know any references for the above situation. If yes, then please do reply.

Thanks,

Manjunath M.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:41 AM