Configure Team Build service for one team project RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I would like to know if there is any way to configure team build only for one team project?

When creating new build controler I enter a collection URL, all project can use this controller\agents and trigger builds. I want to limit that option to one team project so only the builds within thsi proejct can be triggered to this build controller.

Thanks,

Roy

R.R
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:29 AM

Answers

• Hi, you could do the following:

• Create an account to run the build services exclusively for that project. Configure the build services to be run under that account
    • Make sure that the account isn't included in the "Project Collection Build Service Accounts" for the collection
    • Give permissions to the account manually (on Team Explorer, right click on Builds - Security). Remove the permissions (or Deny) for the "Project Collection Build Service Accounts" group there as well

Hope it helps...

Best regards

Monday, June 13, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Thanks Jose for your kindly assistance.

Hello Roy,

Thanks for your post.

You can try Jose’s suggestion, and it should work for you.

However, for one thing I feel a little confused: you said that your build controller is configured with one team project collection URL., and all the team project will be triggered.

Do you mean if you queue a build in one team project, team builds in another team project is triggered as well? In my opinion, you can set different triggers in the build definitions in the different team projects to achieve your purpose.

For example, you can set the Manual trigger in the team project A and Continuous Integration in the team project B. If you queue build in the team project A, the build in the team project B will not be triggered.

For more information about build triggers, please see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh190718.aspx

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi, you could do the following:

• Create an account to run the build services exclusively for that project. Configure the build services to be run under that account
    • Make sure that the account isn't included in the "Project Collection Build Service Accounts" for the collection
    • Give permissions to the account manually (on Team Explorer, right click on Builds - Security). Remove the permissions (or Deny) for the "Project Collection Build Service Accounts" group there as well

Hope it helps...

Best regards

Monday, June 13, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Thanks Jose for your kindly assistance.

Hello Roy,

Thanks for your post.

You can try Jose’s suggestion, and it should work for you.

However, for one thing I feel a little confused: you said that your build controller is configured with one team project collection URL., and all the team project will be triggered.

Do you mean if you queue a build in one team project, team builds in another team project is triggered as well? In my opinion, you can set different triggers in the build definitions in the different team projects to achieve your purpose.

For example, you can set the Manual trigger in the team project A and Continuous Integration in the team project B. If you queue build in the team project A, the build in the team project B will not be triggered.

For more information about build triggers, please see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh190718.aspx

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:05 AM