Office Word Question RRS feed

• Question

• User-1920264247 posted

I'm working through the learning process and am thinking this Visual Web Developer 2008 Express is going to get my idea off the ground.  I have a Word VBA program that I use and I'd like to convert it to a web-based application.  It modifies, organizes, and then prepares for printing many Word documents into a planning book through a series of GUIs.

My research so far tells me that it's not really that easy to work with Word documents through a web application.  So, I'm considering converting all my word documents to web forms.  This is less than ideal since formatting and printing options appear to be less robust on web forms.  So, before I embark on this transformation, I just want to be clear on this and get a little expert advice if anyone cares to respond.

Can a web-based app work with a Word document nearly as effectively as a Word VBA program?  Should I abandon that and convert the Word docs to web forms?  Any other options?

It occurs to me that users will not want a web-based application to manipulate Word documents on their hard drives, but can't these Word documents be stored on the server and worked on and saved there?

Friday, December 19, 2008 8:36 PM

Answers

All replies