Metrics for Storage Account entities with time granularity returns null RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Azure metrics API to retrieve the metrics for Storage account entities. Whenever I try to get the metrics for storage account entities, with time granularity set to 15 minutes(PT15M), metrics are retrieved only for the first quarter.

For example:

When I hit the API with time span 09:00 to 09:15 and interval 15 minutes, metrics are retrieved correctly. For the remaining three quarters when I hit the API with time span (09:15 to 09:30, 09:30 to 09:45, 09:45 to 10:00) and interval 15 minutes null is returned. Then for time span 10:00 to 10:15 and interval 15 minutes, correct metrics are retrieved.

When I use Azure portal to do the same, setting time granularity to 15 minutes(PT15M), metrics are retrieved for 1 hour(PT1H).

Friday, October 12, 2018 5:04 AM

All replies

• Which specific metrics are you retrieving ? Capacity Transactions (egress , Ingress etc ?) 
    Also, Are you trying to generate the metrics every 15 minutes, or on demand to only get 15mins worth of metrics ? Have you given Powershell a try for testing ex: 

Set-AzureStorageServiceMetricsProperty -MetricsType Minute   
    -ServiceType Blob -MetricsLevel ServiceAndApi  -RetentionDays 5

Could you also share the code you are using? 
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:48 PM
  • I am retrieving both capacity and transaction metrics like (Queue Capacity, Queue Count, Queue Message Count, Transactions, Ingress, Egress, Success Server Latency, SuccessE2E Latency, Availability). I am trying to get metrics on demand for a specific time interval.

I have not tried it using Powershell. I am using Azure metrics API.

Balasubramaniam_Murugesan

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:29 AM
  • You should be answered in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52756985/metrics-for-storage-account-entities-not-retrieved-properly. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Friday, October 19, 2018 1:15 AM