Release notes for Microsoft.Data.OData 5.6.3? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We just tried to update nuget packages Microsoft.Data.OData (and related packages) from 5.6.1 to 5.6.3 and our WCF Data Services stopped working. We started getting exceptions like this;

message: "Unable to create a constant value of type 'System.Data.Services.Internal.ProjectedWrapper2'. Only primitive types ('such as Int32, String, and Guid') are supported in this context."

I tried to find some release notes for 5.6.3 but all I could find was the very sparse information on the nuget site. Are there any known breaking changes in the October 21st release? Where can I find out how to fix this?

-kjetil

kjetilk

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:28 AM

Answers

• Hello kjetilk,

According to your description, I made a test with the newest odatalib in WCF Data Service project, however, both with EF5 and EF6, the project could still work as except even upgrading to 5.6.3. Since I do not know what operation you do causes this error, I just simply query the service in a web browser as:

http://localhost:38176/WcfDataService1.svc/Orders

The detail test environment is:

VS2013, Windows 8.1, .NET 4.5, Odatalib 5.6.3 and Entity Framework 5/6.

Is it right to reproduce this issue? If not, please provide a detail description about how you would encounter it and your detail environment that would help narrow down this issue.

>> Are there any known breaking changes in the October 21st release?

The detail information seems to be just under the installed command:

New Features:

1.  ODataLib now supports reading and writing undeclared primitive type properties into ODataEntry/ODataComplexValue.

2.  Add dlls which target .NET Portable Lib with support for .net 4.5, Win Phone 8, Win Phone 8.1, and Win 8 into NuGet packages

Also, I would like share a discussion regarding this exception which might be helpful:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bfd6b8e2-b366-4322-9911-3fda8a6558a1/select-operator-not-supported?forum=adonetefx

Regards,

Fred.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:14 AM