Visual Studio 2013 Lightswitch project fails to debug. Error "Model loading failed Root elemnent is missing" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a lightswitch desktop project that has been working flawlessly until today. I didn't notice any type of hard error during the last time I had it open and deployed updates that was a week ago. When I hit F5 to debug I get a "Model loading failed, Root element is missing" the error message has an OK button then the project hangs up. I am not sure how to correct this, I have already tried to rollback to a previous version of the solution from early last week, and have tried to Clean and Rebuild the solution. Does anybody have ideas on how to get through this error?

Thanks much for the assistance.

Aaron Brockhaus

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:57 PM

Answers

• When I hit F5 to debug I get a "Model loading failed, Root element is missing" the error message has an OK button then the project hangs up.

According to the error message above, I think some of your lmsl files appears to have been corrupted.

It’s recommended to get a stack trace of the error by following the instructions here:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mthalman/archive/2013/08/16/how-to-get-a-stack-trace-in-lightswitch.aspx  

You could also refer to Matt’s suggestions below to troubleshoot this issue.

Root element is missing when trying to Publish

Hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:07 AM