IE10 problem with cctv dvr

Question

• I tried to log in to my cctv dvr using IE and it will not let me. When it asks for the username and password it always comes back saying Login failure. Yet using ie9 in win7 is fine.

I know where are in a preview build but it is important this feature work as many of my clients use the same dvr system at their premises  so they will need to be able to log in to view it. The dvr is a Lite H.264 dvr.

Friday, September 16, 2011 3:30 PM

Answers

• Have you tried using the Admin as the username and the password as 1234? This is usually the preset user.

If still having problems, I suggest you contact the manufacturer to see if they support using Internet Explorer 9. Internet Explorer 10 is not released yet as this is just a preview, but if we would need to know if Internet Explorer 9 is supported with your hardware. 

I also suggest you see if they have a firmware upgrade for the CCTV DVR that might help to get connected.

Sincerely,
    Marilyn
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Sorry for the delay in letting you know whats going on but been a bit under the weather. Still good news is the manufacture has provided an updated set of files for IE and all is working fine in IE10 now.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:32 PM

All replies

• Tazd,

Are you using the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10 or the Touch-optimized version of IE?

Chris

Friday, September 16, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Desktop version
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Tazd,

When accessing the problematic site are you given the option for compatibility mode (the broken page icon in the URL bar)? 

If yes, have you tried enabling that to see if the site will work for you?

Please reply back with your results

Chris

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:30 PM
  • No not given any option for compatibility mode. It just says Fail to Login then it tries to let me login again 2 more times then fails totally.

Below are 2 screens to help show whats happening

This is the login fail

This is when it tries to log in the second time

Continued in next reply due to 2 image limit.

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:32 PM
  • This is what i get after 3 login attempts

As a note the ip 192.168.0.111 is added to IE as a trusted site  under Local Internet and security is set to it's lowest seeing as it is on an internal lan.
    • Edited by tazd Friday, September 16, 2011 9:36 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 9:33 PM
  • Tazd,

Please try the following steps to try and resolve your issue:

1.       Navigate to the IP address in question

2.       Press F12 on their keyboard (to open Developer Tools)

3.       Click Document Mode (in the Developer Tools window)

4.       Select a different Document Mode

The page will then refresh and will try to login again. Please try this for all of the Document modes that are listed to see if one can be found that doesn’t cause the “Fail to login!” error.

Please reply with your results

Chris
    Friday, September 16, 2011 9:58 PM
  • Tried all of the options under Document Mode and none worked, infact  every time i set Document Mode to something as soon a sit started to load the page it instantly switched back to Quirks mode. Also tried different browser modes but again as soon as the page starts to load it just instantly switched the browser mode back to IE10
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:43 AM
  • Hey Tazd,

If you test on Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7, does it also switch back into Quirks mode?
    Did you have to add the address to the Local Intranet in Windows 7 for it work successfully?

Let's try removing the address from the Local Intranet list. Then try the F12 troubleshooting steps again to see if you see a different result.

Also check to be sure that you are using Internet Explorer 32-bit when on the website in question. You can do this by:

• Navigate to the site
    • Click the Tools icon in the upper right of the window (looks like a white gear)
    • Click About Internet Explorer

If you see 64-bit Edition listed next to the Version number you are using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer. If you don't see it, then you are using the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.

Steven
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:13 AM
  • Okay first i must apologist for a bit of a major snafu. It is not IE9 we are running but IE8.

I installed IE9 to try that but exactly the same problems in IE9 as IE10.

In IE8 192.168.0.111 is added to IE as a trusted site  under Local Internet and security is set to it's lowest seeing as it is on an internal lan.

Tried removing address from the Local Intranet list and then going through F12 troubleshooting steps again but exactly the same as before.

Yes it is the 32bit of Internet Explorer that we are testing this in.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Have you tried using the Admin as the username and the password as 1234? This is usually the preset user.

If still having problems, I suggest you contact the manufacturer to see if they support using Internet Explorer 9. Internet Explorer 10 is not released yet as this is just a preview, but if we would need to know if Internet Explorer 9 is supported with your hardware. 

I also suggest you see if they have a firmware upgrade for the CCTV DVR that might help to get connected.

Sincerely,
    Marilyn
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Sorry for the delay in letting you know whats going on but been a bit under the weather. Still good news is the manufacture has provided an updated set of files for IE and all is working fine in IE10 now.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Hey Tazd,

Hope you're feeling better and thanks for the update!

Steven
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:35 PM