none
Create asp.net gridview like add,edit, update,delete functionality using jQuery plugin in SharePoint 2013 On-Prem RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any jQuery plugin in which we can get the all the functionalities of asp.net gridview - like sortingeditingupdatingcancelling the rows, delete operation etc in sharepoint on-prem ?

i know, jQgrid is used for similar functionality but its not free. so my customer doesnt want to buy any 3rd party components hence i need to build this using jQuery plugins or using custom code.

my env : VS 2013, SP 2013 ON-PREM, SP D 2013, JSOM. we are not using the SSOM form for my forms dev., instead am building all the input forms using the html, juery, JSOM code.

spgridview-edit-insert-delete-like-func-in-SP

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    You can go with Kendo UI Grid to perform CRUD Operations in Sharepoint.
    Here are the links 
    http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/179204/display-sharepoint-list-data-in-kendo-ui-grid-using-angularjs

http://developer.telerik.com/products/kendo-ui/kendo-ui-sharepoint-online-pt-4-sharepoint-lists/

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:56 PM
  • kendo UI gird is NOT FREE, its paid product , mycustoemr doesnt want to go buying the telerik license for kendo ui

can you please suggest any other jquery , other free plugin which does the CRUD OPERATIONS against a splist that as grid style ?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:37 PM
  • Please visit this link.
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:44 AM
  • i have seen the link already, they are NOT offering grid as free product. they offer some datepicker kind of controls as FREE and GRID like controls are having a paid license.   

kendo-ui-core is offered as FREE product .

here is their explanation why GRID, SCHEDULER , EDITOR ARE NOT OFFERED AS FREE:

Why are some widgets (like the Grid and Scheduler) no longer free as they were with the GPL version of the Kendo UI Web library?
    Not all Kendo UI widgets are created equal. And some, like the Grid, Scheduler and Editor, consume a great deal of engineering effort to build and maintain. Widgets such as these are complex, but they are also essential for customers building certain types of apps, and the open-source equivalents for these leave a lot to be desired. To ensure that critical widgets like the Grid, Scheduler and Editor continue to get the proper attention and focus they deserve from our engineering team, we’ve decided to only offer these widgets with commercial Kendo UI licenses.

• Edited by SaMolPP Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:24 AM
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

You can use DataTable JS Add-on to implement this functionality by using JSOM code or SPServices JS Add-on to access list details from SharePoint.

http://amitkumarmca04.blogspot.com/2016/09/what-is-spservices.html

Thanks, Amit Kumar, LinkedIn Profile ** My Blog

• Edited by Amit.AK.Kumar Friday, April 7, 2017 10:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sachchin Monday, April 10, 2017 1:08 PM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 10:34 AM