TextBox.FontSize: Max value 200pt RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set the TextBox.FontSize value to 230 in a report, but I get the error "The value must be between 1pt and 200pt." in Visual Studio. Why this limitation? Is there a way to get around it?

Thanks,

MikalR

Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:09 PM

Answers

• OK, I will try this out. Thank you for your help.

• Marked as answer by MikalR Monday, March 29, 2010 11:13 AM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi MikalR,

Now this is an interesting request. In 5 years of working on the team, I have never heard a request for larger fonts then our maximum size :).

One option would be to use a custom report item to create text images. No easy way otherwise.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345259(SQL.90).aspx

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:26 PM
  • I forgot to mention that I am using ReportViewer. It seems to me that it is not possible to create custom report items for ReportViewer (rdlc). Is that true? This is frustrating so please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

MikalR

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:14 AM
  • Hi MikalR,

No good solution for you that I can think of. On other idea may be to set the Zoom level on the control so that the report font appears larger, even when it is not.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Friday, March 26, 2010 7:58 PM
  • Hi MikalR,

No good solution for you that I can think of. On other idea may be to set the Zoom level on the control so that the report font appears larger, even when it is not.

Friday, March 26, 2010 7:58 PM
  • OK, I will try this out. Thank you for your help.

Monday, March 29, 2010 11:13 AM