Open excel 2013 powerview chart in share point 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had set up SharePoint 2010 and installed SQL Server 2012 in PowerPivot mode for SharePoint (SSAS-Tabular Mode). I had Excel 2010, where I created PowerPivot sheets and later upload them to SharePoint in order to create PowerView charts. Now I upgraded to Excel 2013 which has PowerView in built. So using PowerView in Excel 2013 I created a chart. But when I upload this file to SharePoint and tried to open it, it says "some of the features not supported" and nothing is displayed in SharePoint. Please suggest me whether I have to install any additional drivers to SharePoint 2010. Thank you.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For this issue, I’m trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at it.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 11, 2013 2:17 AM
  • Hi nagarjuna02, 

We do have some internal article about SharePoint 2010 and Excel 2013 data fresh issue, and the workaround is to upgrade SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Given this situation, please upgrade SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. 

Sincerely Yours, 

Serena 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Hi nagarjuna02, 

We do have some internal article about SharePoint 2010 and Excel 2013 data fresh issue, and the workaround is to upgrade SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Given this situation, please upgrade SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. 

Sincerely Yours, 

Serena 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Hi Serena Li,

I am also facing the same issue regarding the Powerview and also i am unable to slice any data in my power pivot Excel 2013 which was uploaded into the sharepoint 2010 .

Another Doubt is that "Can we create power pivot and powerview charts in the same excel " -- if we can  ' Then why i am atleast unable to slice the data in the pivot Worksheet in the uploaded Excel to sharepoint ' .

Please suggest me where i am wrong ...

Thank You

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:34 AM