none
Open Form with subform datasheet filtered by date field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Button (cmdOpen) on a form (FormA). I have another form (FormB) that has a subform (subFormB) (continuous). Subform has a date field (dtDate)

I'd like to use a macro with cmdOpen to open FormB with subFormB date field filtered and displays only todays records.

-- I tried: in macro's Where Condition = [Forms]![FormB]![subFormB]![dtDate] = Date() which does displays all records.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Savalan

• Edited by Savalan Saturday, June 23, 2018 3:48 PM
    Saturday, June 23, 2018 3:42 PM

Answers

• Why a macro?  Try to add the following lines to the open event of the subform"

Me.Filter ="[dtDate] = #" & Date() & "#"

Me.FilterOn=True

Cheers,

Vlad

• Marked as answer by Savalan Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:17 PM
    Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Savalan,

Could you modify the query for the subform to include a criteria for the date? If you filter the query to display today's date, then all you need to do is open the form/subform. For example, the criteria under the date field could be something like:

Date()

Hope it helps...

Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:45 PM
  • Why a macro?  Try to add the following lines to the open event of the subform"

Me.Filter ="[dtDate] = #" & Date() & "#"

Me.FilterOn=True

Cheers,

Vlad

• Marked as answer by Savalan Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:17 PM
    Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:47 PM
  • Hi DBguy,

Thanks for quick reply. 

I had the condition in Query Designer's criteria and it was working. After form is loaded, I am also trying to filter the date so I can change the records according to date selected with a date picker in a TextBox [txtDate]. In criteria I am using:

{ Like "*" & txtDate & "*" }

The problem is that there are like 60k records and growing. I want to only display a few of them when [FormB] with [subFormB] loads initially. 

Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:03 PM
  • Hi Vlad,

Thanks for reply. I will try it and let you know.

Savalan

Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:05 PM
  • Hi Vlad,

It's working. I  just have to reuse this snippet in other conditions like when the TextBox cleared it does not display all the records, but just today's recs. by creating a sub and calling it when needed.

Thank you.

Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:16 PM