none
BizTalk WCF SQL Adapter issue RRS feed

• Question

• when I am dropping 'xml' file in the Receive location :

<ns0:Select xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Sql/2008/05/TableOp/dbo/Product1">
      <ns0:Columns>*</ns0:Columns>
      <ns0:Query>where Flag=1</ns0:Query>
    </ns0:Select>

I am receiving following error :

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SendPort2" with URL "mssql://xyz//AdventureWorksDW2014?". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.XmlReaderGenerationException:  The columns 'ProductFullDescription' and 'UOM' are either duplicated or not in a sequence. Each column can only be selected one time, and columns must be selected in sequence.

How do I need to solve this ? Can anyone please suggest

MBH

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can refer the article below for the root cause and solution.

WCF-SQL Adapter Error: The Columns are Either Duplicated or not in a Sequence

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:35 PM
  • I did the same as suggested in the link, but receiving same error.

After configuring everything even restarted Host instance, is the same error warning result.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SendPort2" with URL "mssql://xyz//AdventureWorksDW2014?". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.XmlReaderGenerationException:  The columns 'ProductFullDescription' and 'UOM' are either duplicated or not in a sequence. Each column can only be selected one time, and columns must be selected in sequence.

MBH

• Edited by JaguarsJag Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:01 PM added more info
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:00 PM
  • First, are you absolutely sure the SELECT output matches the Schema?

Can you use a Stored Procedure?

Saturday, March 7, 2015 9:26 PM
  • Normally this problem arises when the schema was generated, the columns in the schema are not in the same order as in the source table.

there are two options you have-

1) Generate New Schema with query as Select a, b, c .. from. ..(basically using Column Names instead of *). For making things easy you can wrap your select query in a stored procedure.

2) Is to modify the generated schema and the xs:sequence to Any this will allow elements to occur in any order. Also you should you PassThrough pipeline for Sending the request to SQL, this will avoid extra validation of the request message.

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:21 PM