none
SharePoint User Permission

Question

• I have a sub site in SharePoint 2013. In that sub site there is a task list, In that list we have Unique permission for users. I have a User , When I add that user in any group like Full control or Contribute, that user able to access that list. But if I am adding that user as an Individual Permission level and that user try to access that list they get Access Denied Error. How is it possible that same user working different role in different places,

Anyone can help me out here.

Thanks

Friday, December 16, 2016 6:32 PM

All replies

• Is this list inheriting permissions from the parent site or has the permission been copied and is now stand alone? It sound like that list may be inheriting permissions from the parent site/folder etc that could be causing the individual permission to get denied. Can the person access sites/folders above this specific task list or the sub site itself?

Network+, MCP

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:24 PM
  • Hi

Check permission in that list for specific user

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Check-permissions-for-a-user-or-group-13D15C92-1DEA-4AAD-A665-4C3D1D377850

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:36 PM
  • Hi ABHIIT.ABHISHEK,

Is there any update?

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the
    helpful information quickly.

You can also share your own solution here and mark it as answer, and we can learn from each other.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:53 AM