none
Create SQL Database Server, Location (Africa) South Africa North RRS feed

• Question

• I actually have 2 questions:

Why can I not create a new SQL Database Server with the Location (Africa) South Africa North? According to Azure Services by region Azure SQL is available in SA. Location (Africa) South Africa North is listed but when I select it I get an error: This location is not available for subscription.

Secondly: Why is South Africa West not listed in the location drop down?

• Edited by PulseCogni Sunday, August 18, 2019 5:34 AM typo
    Saturday, August 17, 2019 2:13 PM

All replies

• I actually have 2 questions:

Why can I not create a new SQL Database Server with the Location (Africa) South Africa North? According to Azure Services by region Azure SQL is available in SA. Location (Africa) South Africa North is listed but when I select it I get an error: This location is not available for subscription.

Secondly: Why is South Africa West not listed in the location drop down?

Good day Pulse,

>> Why can I not create a new SQL Database Server with the Location (Africa) South Africa North?

Do you get error message?

Not all regions are available to all types of subscriptions. In this case, if you are using the Azure portal then you should get error message like: "This location is not available for subscription"

Moreover, you might not see some of the options which other subscriptions have.

Please provide the error which you see (if you see) regarding the region which you can see but not select, and tryt o provide more information about your subscription type (for example is it a "Visual Studio Enterprise" subscription).

* You can try to open a new support request from your Azure Account and ask the team to enable this option. It does not mean that they will, but if this is the issue (using subscription which do not support this region then this your best option)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, August 18, 2019 11:10 PM
  • Hi Pulse

As replied by Ronen in previous post, This is probably because a particular region is not activated for your subscription. Please contact the Azure billing support to have this enabled for you. You can contact then by going to out support page here on Azure Support

Please let us know if we can help you further regarding this.

Thanks
    Navtej S 

Friday, August 23, 2019 7:14 PM