Purpose and best practices of this forum RRS feed

• General discussion

• What is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose of this forum is to give users a voice on Forums. Users can give suggestions for improvements or vote up suggestions and know that the Forums team is listening. If you have a specific question regarding Forums please post questions to Forums Redesign – Q&A / Discussions. If you are encountering a Forums bug please post this in the Forums Issues forum.

Best Practices

• Only post suggestions
    • Only post one suggestion per thread, this will provide clarity to the suggestion and allow users to know what they are voting up
    • We encourage you to vote! Voting allows the Forums team to know what users want the most
    • Use Questions and not Discussion thread types, this will allow us to “close” suggestions once they are no longer relevant or have been addressed.

Who reads these suggestions?

As previously stated this is a place to be heard by directly by the Forums team. Although we may not respond to every post, we are actively reading through each suggestion. We will not implement every suggestion, however, we release once a month and commit to consider suggestions from the community every release. 

Forums Program Manager

Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:24 PM

All replies

• We encourage you to vote! Voting allows the Forums team to know what users want the most

Forums Program Manager

Am I missing something? I thought this forum was one of the very few in the world that doesn't have a voting tool in its arsenal!

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:12 PM Why?
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:12 PM
  • leshay, the voting mechanism can be used here:

In the new design voting is more prominent and is easier to identify in a forum view:

Forums Program Manager

Friday, June 21, 2013 1:47 AM
  • Hi

By voting tool, I was thinking of a tool that users can invoke to create a series of options which others can vote on.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Friday, June 28, 2013 7:15 PM
  • how can we know that you read our suggestions if you don't response to? you dont have to implement every suggestion :-) this your call but please post response.

you have personally ask for "please post back if you have specific suggestions in how to improve this experience once we launch the new design." Further the RTL/LTR Discussion!

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/he-IL/01976659-32bc-42a5-a01e-cbdd08ea5ec7/dont-forget-to-check-the-rtl-looks-like-in-the-hebrew-forums

i did post back and gave you a full code and explanation! but you did not come back to read it :-(

i sent a A remainder on this forum (and again no responses from Microsoft/you): http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/he-IL/83adab3c-f246-49c8-b737-b0dfe1cbb635/rtlltr-buttons

no one response to the thread!
    it feel like i just wasted my time write it!

Whoever starts Threads should check responses. Whoever gets help or just someone try to help him, should at least honor him and respond (thanks can be nice). By the way this is roughly what it says in my signature, fortiori if you open a forum for 'Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums'  then you should respond to suggestions (say that you like /don't like it but say something). This is elementary politeness!

signature

Sunday, July 7, 2013 3:40 AM
  • @Pituach, as previously mentioned we will read through all of the suggestions. Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to each and every suggestion. I am sorry that you feel that your previous posts were not read, I can assure you they were. We do tremendously appreciate the time you spent writing this code! Note that with any suggestions a full dev and test cycle is required. Depending on the complexity this can take several release cycles (and may not see the light for a period of time). Although some suggestions may seem trivial, they may have additional dependencies which may create unforeseen complexities. As mentioned your posts and time writing this code are much appreciated and we will continue to review it through the appropriate channels. :)       

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:34 PM
  • Hi Bryant 

thanks for the response

Believe me I know your work. I am development manager, and I managed mid-sized development teams.

The only thing I asked and I think it is a basic obligation, is a short comment like "Thanks, will look into it". I did not ask that all issues will be addressed in a day or a month and some of the issues probably will not be treat at all. that is OK. We need to know that someone read the message.

thanks again,
    bye for now :-)

signature

• Edited by pituachMVP Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:47 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:55 AM
  • I agree with both Pituach and Bryant and cannot say that MS forum administrator do not respond because I got a response in couple of minute from Bryant check this thread may be I was lucky or may be issue was very serious.

On that note I would also like Bryant to see This thread Its about technet wiki activity not getting reflected in user profile page its more that 1.5 months now. I am sure MS is aware and working on it.

A vote or thanks or Ok from forum owners let us feel that ok someone is paying heed to our issue I guess Pituach mainly wants acknowledgement

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Articles

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:20 PM
  • @Shanky, thanks for the feedback! I will pass this along to the rest of my team as well.

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Les,

I've written about this also more times in this forum. If I see what they do, than the forum management has for sure not any affection with development. They change meanings of known keywords just like they want it.  

The "vote" was always used to tell that persons found things helpful. Currently you can likewise it seems decide with the vote that you agree that kids comes from green cabbage. Despite of that contributors get points when they give a helpful vote.

I know, we both are old developers, we should not judge about persons who have a lower IQ than an average developer.

Success
    Cor

• Edited by Cor Ligthert Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:35 PM typo
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:30 PM