none
WLAN on Windows Embedded Standart

Question

• Hello

i have a problem with a Ralink RT5370 WLAN Stick on Windows Embedded Standard 2009 Service Pack 1.

My first problrm  is, that it is only possible to install the driver in Windows XP Service Pack3 Compatibility Mode, when i don't do that i always get a access violation error.

But it seems that the driver is installed correctly with Compatibility Mode.

But now, i can't see any WLAN Networks. I think that the Zero Configuration is not installed, when i make "net start wzcsvc" i get the message "The Service Name is invalid" and in the services.msc there is no Automatically WLAN-Konfiguration.

Is it possible to install the wzcsvc additionaly, i don't want to install the Windows new and i don't have a Target Composer.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:25 PM

All replies

• With XPe/WES2009, it is not easy to add missing components. You have to go back to Target Designer and rebuild the image with the missing components.

Did you build the image or did the image come from the OEM of the hardware? If the OEM, you will have to go back to them and ask to add the missing components.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:15 PM