Importing MSI File not loading Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if it is a bug or if i am doing something wrong but my application uses the Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension, I needed to add zz the UNB2.2 and UNB3.2.  I export it from my Development machine and then Import it freshly (not an update but a newly created Application) into my Prod machine and then run it BizTalk gives me an error that it cant find code qualifier zz in the message.  If I first create an empty Application, add the DLL to the Resources of the Application and then Import the MSI file, clicking on allowing overwrite, everything works fine.  If I don't need to use the Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension I am able to Import the MSI file to create the Application and everything works fine.  It seems to me that the schema extension in not being loaded in the correct order when using the MSI Import on a new Application.

Any suggestion what i could be doing wrong or might this be a bug?

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You need to Check whether your changed schema Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension is deployed properly inside BizTalk . 

You can open BizTalk admin console on your local development machine and go to your specific Application .You need to click the schema and open the Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension schema in tree view to validate the changes are being populated in schema or not .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, June 26, 2015 6:33 AM
  • Thanks for your reply

That is the problem, the schema is not being properly deployed when you import using the MSI file.  I have to import the DLL that has the schema first then i can import the MSI file to get it to work correctly.  I think there is a bug where BizTalk is not correctly deploying the Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension when importing the MSI file.

I would recommend you to follow the article Adding Custom values to UNB 2.2 and UNB3.2 segments on Party.

It has been observed that there can be a bit of a delay between when you deploy this schema and when the options become available, so if you don’t see the additional values on the drop down boxes immediately, just wait a few minutes.

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to Check whether your changed schema Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension is deployed properly inside BizTalk . 

You can open BizTalk admin console on your local development machine and go to your specific Application .You need to click the schema and open the Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension schema in tree view to validate the changes are being populated in schema or not .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, June 26, 2015 6:33 AM
  • Thanks for your reply

That is the problem, the schema is not being properly deployed when you import using the MSI file.  I have to import the DLL that has the schema first then i can import the MSI file to get it to work correctly.  I think there is a bug where BizTalk is not correctly deploying the Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension when importing the MSI file.

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think this is a bug with any biz talk release . As been pointed out in my earlier post you have always option to see the schema artefacts from BizTalk Administrator console prior to exporting the Application specific MSI .  There may be case were you have missed to copy the schema dll for Edifact_ServiceSchemaExtension or deploying the latest code changes prior to export .

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:13 AM
  • Thanks for your reply

I would recommend you to follow the article Adding Custom values to UNB 2.2 and UNB3.2 segments on Party.

It has been observed that there can be a bit of a delay between when you deploy this schema and when the options become available, so if you don’t see the additional values on the drop down boxes immediately, just wait a few minutes.

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:15 PM