When I do the first deploy of the application I have problems with the application administration RRS feed

• Question

• I have a blank project with form authentication and i try to publish it in IIS. I have created a database in SQL Server in order to create the permissions database. I create an application administrator in the wizard. I execute the publish process and it finishes succesfully but when I try to login in the application I receive Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again. error. When I take a look to the database I see that the publish proccess creates the roles, user, etc. tables but when i select the Users database I can see that there isn´t any user (I think that the administrator user should exist). Any body knows which can be the problem??
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Alberto

For this issue, it's recommanded to check your procedures of grant user permission again,

1. Right-click on the name of your project in the Solution Explorer and select “Properties” from the menu, or double-click on the “Properties” node under the project.

2. Then select the Access Control tab to specify the type of authentication you want to employ as well as what user permissions you want to define.

3.  Using Forms authentication means you will be storing usernames and encrypted passwords inside the LightSwitch database. This type of authentication is appropriate for internet-based applications where users are not on the same network and you need to support other operating systems besides Windows.

4. Using Windows authentication is appropriate if all your users are on the same network/domain or workgroup, like in the case of an internal line-of-business application. This means that no passwords are stored by your LightSwitch application. Instead the Windows logon credentials are used and passed automatically to the application. This is a more secure and convenient option if you can use it. In this case you can also choose whether you want to set up specific users and roles or whether any authenticated user has access to the application.

For further information: Controlling Access with User Permissions 

At the same time the example in the link above is also good guide for you.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, December 30, 2013 10:09 AM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 10:17 AM