Disable non-user context menu RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Telerik's context menu and would like to disable Silverlight's default context menu on all items without set menu.

I've tried to handle MouseRightButtonDown on MainPage but events from popups (ComboBoxes' dropdowns, ChildWindows & others) don't go through the tree to the MainPage so they still have that menu.

Is there a way to globally disable the default context menu? As the only way I've come up with is to extend some of the controls and handle the event but still can't figure it out how to deal with ComboBoxes' dropdowns.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since you are using Telerik controls toolkit, you can post your issue on http://www.telerik.com/community/forums.aspx .

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you are using Telerik controls toolkit, you can post your issue on http://www.telerik.com/community/forums.aspx .

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:45 AM
  • Although I'm using Telerik's controls, I decided to post here because the problem is general to Silverlight as I may just want to disable the context menu.

I'll post in Telerik's forums to see if anyone there have an idea.

Thanks.

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:24 AM