locked
An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023899). RRS feed

  • Question

  • User575668111 posted
    I got this when attempting to an event in the calendar while running the site under IIS on Explorer. Anyone else get this, or know a fix?

     Line 122: <Club:Locationpicker ID="LocationPicker1" runat="server" LocationID='<%# Bind("location")%>' />

    Thanks

    Friday, September 23, 2005 1:11 PM

All replies

  • User704038629 posted
    Without more info I have to gues, but I would check Lockation_Picker and see what data source (line 62 "ConnectionString") it point to.



    Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:00 PM
  • User2085202478 posted
    I have to fix this all the time. I kill aspnet_wp.exe and everything works fine. I'm sick of doing it, so I'm searching the web for an answer. I've been looking for the answer since I started using 2.0 but no luck.

    I'm not running the club site- but I've found this problem happens with every ASP 2.0 app.

    -Will

    Thursday, October 6, 2005 7:25 PM
  • User-786650174 posted
    I'm getting the same problem. I've noticed that if you rebuild the Location_Picker.ashx page, it'll fix itself for a while.  
    Monday, October 10, 2005 9:38 PM
  • User1481751962 posted
    I found the folowing that may help.

    (http://bernardstudios.com/archive/2005/09/19/2049.aspx)

    An error occurred while trying to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888)

    Today, I was deploying an update to one of our web applications which is located on the domain controller and received the error:

    An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888)

    Apparently, this is the result of Windows 2K Service pack 4.  The fix requires granting the “Impersonate a Client After Authentication” user right to the appropriate account on your machine.  For regular servers, the appropriate account is the ASP.NET account and for domain controls, it is the IWAM_<machine name>. account.

    To fix the problem, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Local Security Policy.
    2. Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
    3. In the right pane, double-click Impersonate a client after authentication.
    4. In the Local Security Policy Setting dialog box, click Add.
    5. In the Select Users or Group dialog box, click the user account that you want to add, click Add, and then click OK.
    6. Click OK.

    After making the changes, you should reboot the machine.  More information is provided at Microsoft KB “821546 Overview of the 'Impersonate a Client After Authentication'

    Tuesday, November 1, 2005 7:44 AM