none
Storage Account Un-Deletable

Question

• Hello everyone,

I have been trying to delete an Azure storage account with no luck. The account was previously linked to Bitnami and I already deleted everything in Bitnami so technically it is no longer linked. Whenever I try to delete the storage account, the following message occur: 

"Failed to delete storage account 'tempeastasia6713459020'. Unable to delete storage account 'tempeastasia6713459020': 'Storage account tempeastasia6713459020 has some active image(s) and/or disk(s), e.g. bitnami-lampstack-5.5.30-0-eastasia-6713459020. Ensure these image(s) and/or disk(s) are removed before deleting this storage account.'."

How can I get rid of this storage account?

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please confirm is it a Classic storage or the Resource group storage account.

If it is classic, go to each individual containers inside the storage account and check if you have any VHD's, if yes delete those and then check for other storage types like files, tables, queues.

If it is Resource manager storage, then follow the same steps in the storage account.

Also, check to see how many images you have any of the images while deploying a new VM, you have the option to select the images from Images tab on the bottom left pane.

Along with the Portal, you can also try to delete the storage accounts using powershell.

C:\PS>Remove-AzureStorageAccount -StorageAccountName "mystore1"

Ref: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn495212.aspx

Hope this helps.

Girish Prajwal

Friday, March 18, 2016 6:31 PM