Fetching installed apps list. RRS feed

• Question

• How can we obtain  a list of all the installed apps in windows phone 8.1 (both app store apps and enterprise apps) ? I cannot find a CSP for this purpose in the MDM protocol document. The protocol document has a CSP which gives the details of all the enterprise apps. But what about the app store apps.? How to obtain a list of app store apps.?

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:25 AM

Answers

• There is no query to obtain the list of all the apps installed from store. The query using application GUID can be used to get installation status for specific app to determine if it is already installed.

As noted before, you can query the Enterprise app using the CSP but not all the app installed from store. 

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:39 PM

All replies

• You cannot obtain the list of app store apps on phone. For MDM installed company apps , you can retrieve the app inventory using CSP or Company hub. I'll give the details for the company hub in few hours.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:18 PM
  • Thanks for the details.

But in the Windows 8.1 MDM protocol document i find a CSP which takes the app id and tells whether the app is installed or not.

<quoted from Protocol document>

Query installed Store application

It is possible to query if a Store application is installed on a system. First, the Store application GUID should be known. This can be discovered by going to windowsphone.com and finding the application GUID in the URL for the Store application.
    For example, the Microsoft Store application has a WindowsPhone.com URL of:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/microsoft-store/d5dc1ebb-a7f1-df11-9264-00237de2db9e
    The Microsoft Store application has a GUID of d5dc1ebb-a7f1-df11-9264-00237de2db9e
    Use the following syncml format to query to see if the application is installed on a managed device:

<Get> <CmdID>1</CmdID> <Item><Target> <LocURI>./Vendor/MSFT/EnterpriseAppManagement/4000000001/EnterpriseApps/Inventory/%7B D5DC1EBB-A7F1-DF11-9264-00237DE2DB9E%7D</LocURI> </Target> </Item> </Get>

---quote ends---

In the above csp if we provide the id of Evernote and if the application is installed then it returns the version date of installation and other details. What is the use of this CSP ? There should be some way this CSP can be used to obtain all the store apps installed..Isnt it ? 

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the Get request for just the inventory node as in below to retrieve the app inventory of all the apps installed using MDM?

<Get>
          <CmdID>2</CmdID>
          <Item>
              <Target>
                <LocURI>./Vendor/MSFT/EnterpriseAppManagement/4000000001/EnterpriseApps/Inventory</LocURI>
              </Target>
          </Item>
        </Get>

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:43 PM
  • Yes i did and it gives only the enterprise apps. The behaviour is contradictory. I am not able to comprehend how the CSP works internally..!
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:50 AM
  • There is no query to obtain the list of all the apps installed from store. The query using application GUID can be used to get installation status for specific app to determine if it is already installed.

As noted before, you can query the Enterprise app using the CSP but not all the app installed from store. 

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:39 PM